Sunday, March 29, 2020

Vacillating

I am vacillating through the stages of grief every day.
Morning prayers are usually done in acceptance.
My pastor shares calming words and prayers. 
My daughter's family does this with me, in a different state. 
This man is very well educated and wise.

Then I move quickly past denial and check the stats for my county (170K population- one hospital)
A bit of anger always slips by me here....
I then start the bargaining section of the day.
If I only go to the store for five minutes and completely cover, it will be ok.
If I only stay in at the food pantry and pack boxes by myself, if I have it, the boxes will have two days to rest before delivery.

Back to anger. 
If they could only understand that they cannot deliver food without gloves and a small mask....
Why can't people just listen to the actual news conferences rather then the spin?

Off to depression
How in the world are the working poor going to survive this if we don't get our act together?
Why do I feel the need to do this instead of garden.
Maybe just five more games of Words with Friends.
I wish I had paid more attention in home ec.


Back to acceptance
The garden is coming along.
The tulips and daffodils are all up. 







2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I am unfortunately no longer physically helping out of my house although my church is helping house the homeless in motels and I am helping from afar with meals on wheels. I've been doing a lot fo non constructive stuff laately, I admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done so much already AND you have someone who needs you to be at home.... I think what you are doing is very important!

    ReplyDelete