Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Traveling with grands

We have six grands.
Three of them live close to us 
and they are good about packing their bags for a trip. 

Traveling with them has been a crazy time in the past
but we had babies on board.
Getting older, they are getting easier.




Two years ago the oldest grand traveled with me to see his cousins


at Disneyland.
We packed lightly
Carried on one rolling bag,
downloaded a few movies
and headed to the airport.
Three days and we were home!
Success!




Last week my daughter and I took the 11, 5,and 2 year old to meet up with my mom.
A five hour flight.

My "suitcase" was my backpack. No check ons for me.
My daughter packed one large suitcase for the crowd.

My daughter is good at corralling
I am good at the entertainment stuff.


Here is what I packed.
 The first aide pack.  Buy the kid stuff now. Getting stuck at Disney without Motrin was a huge problem. Don't forget the peppermints for tummies (they cannot take the Pepto or antacids).
 A variety of things to do: window clings (I bought one and cut it into four or five clings at a time), playing cards, magic tricks, non messy markers (with coloring pages), spiral graph, small books.
 I packed toothbrush for everyone, their tooth paste, sunscreen, Neosporin. All liquids went into a quart bag for carry through TSA.
Headphones for everyone, back up battery, back up sunglasses (sensitive eyes for open shades in the window seat). Back up diaper. washcloth, and alcohol wipes. The baggie had a vertical in inch slit below the zip. We put the kindles in them and hung them from the latch for the air line tray. WIN! I'll address baggies in my next post.
A small blanket was in the pack, but we dumped it in Phoenix. They did not need or want it.





My "stuff" was minimal.  In my medium sized compression bag: swimsuit, two blouses, daily undies, capris and a nightshift. Minimal make up (I LOVE the trail size Mary Kay stuff. I wish they would sell it.). Empty water bottle (filled inside TSA) and a few snacks.

I did bring some Starbucks coffee packets for the crews of our flights. BIG HIT!

How about you? Do you fly with littles? What is your secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment