Saturday, October 19, 2019

Relationships

I shattered my elbow a few weeks ago.
Yes, that is it now. 
Ice, sleep, exercise, Morton.

The take away?
Relationships.

My husband and I don't hold hands, or any of that.
We have different hobbies and interests
I travel, a lot, he loves the doggies and home,

Satisfying Retirement Bob gave some tips on keeping a relationship going.
Good ideas

My tips are loyalty and laughter.
I am fiercely independent,
 but my best friend rubs Blue Emu on my back 
and finds funny movies on the tv.
We talk politics, 
world news and 
family.
He giggled when I came out in a crazy outfit-
and then clothes pinned me in.

I can say the same about long time friends.
My daughter and I grouch and laugh daily.
My son calls with tips to help.

 My sister and sisters in law are amazing.
Just checking in
I am so excited to start living closer to all of them.

And my dearest friends
Who knew you could text message philosophical questions
in between laughs and tears of every day journeys?

Jesus lays down my path
and relationships are my trees to lean against along the way.
In that I am peaceful.

And this is what  I think about
on pain medication
on a lovely fall day.

I'd take a picture,
but I have a tough time with being a lefty :)



1 comment: