Thursday, July 16, 2020

Being brutal with stuff

We are moving in about nine months.
As most people our age, we are weeding out stuff.
That whole movement of looking at each piece of something and deciding if it fits
It is tough.

The new house is not going to be small, but the stuff will be very limited.

Very tough.

I did my first round of clothing.
That was actually easy.
Since we are moving north
Coats make the cut, but shirts and slacks that have not been worn since classroom days
went to the Women's shelter.

I am sorting lamps right now.
Do I just take them all and see what fits
or make a run to Habitat?

I gave away more then half of the toys
the rest will go when we do.
No more little kid kitchens or dolly beds.

The furniture will be super limited.
Our recliners made the cut
and several of the mattresses
but no headboards or couches.

We are taking one set of dishes
My china will find a new home.

But then, I stopped into my favorite second hand store and saw
Really? Do I really WANT to move?


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. Yeah, one of the things we had to give up after downsizing was prowling the thrift stores and tag sales. Too bad, we always enjoyed that, but we just don't have the room for those interesting paintings, sculptures, knickknacks, piece of furniture, etc.

    ReplyDelete