Monday, May 10, 2021

The move is on. A bit more then a month to a new and different life.

 A 28 foot, terribly high, Penske International Truck was in our driveway.

Our son came over last weekend to help bring things up from the basement. Our son in law came over today to help haul things on to the truck. I hung out with the dogs and brought water to the thirsty.

We have toooo much stuff. We just do. Most of the boxes seemed to be either stereo equipment or pantry. Why do we still have five center speakers??? Remember,am the one with too much stuff....hummmm. None of our living room furniture is going. That does make me nervous since living room furniture is difficult to get. Should I include a couch, just in case?

Ramps, dollies, book cases, mattresses secured, the truck is off. Scott is in Nebraska and on his way to Little America Wyoming (a favorite place to stay on the long haul). I am still packing here, but it is the tough stuff to fit in anywhere. I have about five dozen canning jars full of fruits and veggies from my garden this year. 

We had some last minute disagreements between the cabinet maker and our builders. Which is more important- more storage or pretty trim. The storage won. 

The flooring goes in this week. Hopefully the septic will as well. I feel like we are just skirting the rising costs of everything.

The pessimist in me, I am really nervous about that pipeline hack. Let’s get our move over with! But first we have:

Daughter’s college graduation,

DisneyWorld

Two grands’ birthday 

Flight camp

Father’s Day

My husband’s 71 st birthday

And the African American History Museum

These six weeks will fly. 



4 comments:

  1. I too am moving and am overwhelmed. Too much stuff - downsizing and if no one wants it, buys it, going to the garbage. Can't take this over state lines I keep saying. :-) The AAHMuseum is worth going to as is the Native American Museum. We went the first time and it had so many ill behaved kids climbing on things that should not be climbed on - screaming while listening to a lecture. So we went back during the week in winter and it was a perfect way to view the museums. Oh and I went to 9 places today for gas - all were out of gas. Came home so I wasn't wasting any more gas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are good for gas. The pipeline has started up and I have plenty for the road.
      I am excited to see the African American museum- have never been able to get tickets. I was tremendously disappointed at the Native American Museum- but I know they do lots of funding of indigenous languages--so there is that.

      Delete
  2. And downsizing---it is not for the light hearted.

    ReplyDelete