Thursday, March 26, 2020

How will you spend your stimulus?

We have gotten to the point in our lives that we need very little.
I am blessed that we own our home and can afford our basics.
I know that lots of people will use their money for that.

That got me thinking
What would I do with my stimulus?
The temptation is to save it.

The idea of the stimulus is to stimulate the economy though
So I am looking for ideas.


This is a coffee shop with a mission. Last I heard, they buy their coffee from fair wage places all over the world.
Now, I have to be honest, I don't drink much coffee, but I do give it away.https://www.amity-coffee.com/





Website
This is a sweet boutique. They are staying open by being behind closed doors. A mother/daughter team--it is pricy for this retiree budget, but their things are nice.

I haven't purchased a CSA in a few years. Since there are places I can share the food, I think I will sigh up again. This local farm buys from a ton of smaller farmers in the area.
My tripod bike was stolen last year. I guess it is time to replace it. Tony's not only sells bikes, but he repairs lots of bike and gives them away to the working poor community his shop is in.

Now I need to find a good small book shop......

That is the beginning of my list.
How about yours?
If you are a blogger who will get a stimulus and do not need it for basics, I ask that you keep the conversation going.

6 comments:

  1. I'm in the same position as you, but will also try to support local restaurants and small businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will give mine to my son who may be in a position of not working but not getting unemployment. That said, as I wrote on my local Facebook page. ..when thi is overI will need a pedicure a hair style, probably a massage, coffee and conversation, a happy hour or two, fabric...clothing...and I will try to get all of those at the local level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand Barb. Hoping his situation gets right sided.
    You have the idea- look local. Right now I can still support my pizzaria ;) Hope your son's place gets going!
    Perfect Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to buy special feeder panels for my goats. A Kansas farm family has started to make a type that look super well made and should drastically reduce chowtime drama (and potential injury to me or any grands helping)! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! Stimulating the local economy. It is SO very important.Thanks Christina.

      Delete
  5. I wanted to save it. But our 20+ year old refrigerator is leaking. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete