Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Looking forward

I am looking forward today.
I may have to get paperwork---but I have no "co morbid" problems- no AC1 issues, no diabetes, no heart, no lung---no medicine. I am under the age of 70. I may have even had the virus in January. I wear masks and gloves and walk far away from anyone who is not in my house. 

So why does this matter?
If the economy opens I may be Ok to be a part of it.
My mother informed me the rest of them should stay inside until there is some sort of cure. 
They can get people to pick up their dogs,
get their food,
do telework (if they are still employed),
and learn to do lots of crossword or jigsaw puzzles.
They will be sheltered from harm. 

I get it, if they all go out they may get the virus

and begin to overwhelm the hospital.

To say the least, it was an interesting conversation. 

2 comments:

  1. Overwhelm the hospitals and the funeral homes. There was a news story here this week about a funeral home who had unrefrigerated trucks out back stacked inside with bodies that were leaking bodies fluids. The crematorium in town couldn't keep up. Overwhelming the medical community leads to other diseases besides the covid-19 virus spreading.

    It's a fine balance between keeping people healthy and keeping the economic from crashing and I'm really glad I'm not to one in charge of making decisions for others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked your comment- I feel the same! I don't know what that balance is, and sure glad it isn't on my shoulders to decide!

      Delete